It's called The Mighty Hash Stack because the aim is to stack it as high as you can without it falling over. I suppose it appears to the structural engineer that my Mr. is!
- red pepper
- 2 hash browns
- 2 flat, brown mushrooms
- gruyere cheese (sliced)
- red onion (sliced)
- handful of basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- worchester sauce
1. Roast that red pepper! Pop the oven on grill and sit the red pepper/capsicum in the oven.
2. Put hashbrowns on a tray and also put them in the oven to cook.
3. Meanwhile...pour 1TB of water on each mushroom and microwave on high for 2-3minutes.
4. Rotate the red pepper (it needs to be chargrilled almost all over...yes black!)
5. Once the red pepper is chargrilled grab it out of the oven and throw it into a plastic bag. Close the bag so no air gets in. Now let the pepper sweat it out for a good 5 minutes! Once it cools, that skin should just peel away easily.
6. Add a good dash (couple of teaspoons) onto each mushroom and add it to the hashbrown tray in the oven. Flip those hashes! Cook until golden & mushrooms soft.
9. Stack away!
10. Add a splash of beautiful olive oil, sprinkle of salt & crack of pepper. Mmmm...
Now, this isn't the most glamerous photo but boy, does this taste gooooood!