Saturday, 9 April 2011

First Year Bliss?

What did you expect your first year of marriage would be like?

What was your experience of the first couple of months?

I was told that the first year of marriage would be absolute bliss: red roses, romantic dinners, spectacular sex, late-night conversations...our own little, perfect world.

Now, I'm not saying marriage is awful.

But I've found the first five months to be a challenge. It has been an adjustment and a learning curve.

There have been some emotional times, such precious times, some wasted times.

I have seen in myself goodness and love I didn't know I could possess. I have also seen in myself selfishness and sin seep out without warning.

Is first year bliss a myth? Should I still expect it? Or is it from Hollywood?




I like to link to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My words are no more important than yours.

So let me hear them!