Friday, 1 April 2011

Don't Say It, Doc.

Yesterday I went here:

It looks quite nice. Shopping mall? Art gallery? Office block?

No, unfortunately. That is our new city hospital and I got the joy of sussing it out. I had been dreading it but I've had stomach pains for years so it was time. So the Doctor put cameras inside me and had a look around. Now I hate blood, veins, medical talk...ewww. But I actually found it quite cool to watch. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that I was drugged up & life was kinda dreamy!

Anyway...afterwards the Doc said what I had hoped he wouldn't.

Welcome to Crohn's disease.

Don't say it, doc! You were meant to say "yes you have an intolerance to food additive 635, found only in monkey breath."  Well that is just silly but you catch my drift.

I'm not sure what it means yet. It is a name to these pains I have had for so long. But it also comes with the potential for more. Pregnancy complications, increased risk of cancer, medications and more visits to that hospital.

It is one of those days. It is his job to say it. But, oh boy, I wish he could have said something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My words are no more important than yours.

So let me hear them!