Saturday, 2 April 2011

Ask Yourself. Part 2.

I don't think I evaluate my life in too much detail until I get a knock. I've had a few defining moments in my life this far that have forced reflection.

2002 - I was plagued by panic attacks and skipped school for over three weeks, too afraid to go. In the two years that followed, as I strugged with anxiety, God broke through to me. 

2005 - my parents split up. I made some pretty big decisions about what I wanted from life and my own marriage.

2009 - my dad chose to end his life. I realised those I love are not promised to me forever and I will not escape immense pain in this life time. I decided to love myself, my family, the world more fully.

2010 - my wedding day. I promised to love one man forever more and to base every choice from then on around him.

2011 - diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Now, I ask myself...who am I and what is important to me?

6. What is your number one goal for the next six months?
To find colour in my life, again.


7. What is your signature scent and why is it you?
I love Pleasures Delight because it is fresh and young. It is a playful scent and it reminds me of who I use to be -fun and flirty. Now I have to get that back.

8. What is your most prized possession?
Probably my computer with it's photos. Everything else I could (with some tears) give up. The photo's of my family are priceless and precious.


9. What was your last major accomplishment?
Going back to university to do some post-graduate study.

10. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
It was a series of decisions to work out who God was and what He meant to me. But embarking on the process made me more alive than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My words are no more important than yours.

So let me hear them!