Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Pea Puree??!

Say peas and I think yuck. Say pea puree and I would think double yuck. That was before I tried this version. It has made me fall in love with both peas and pea purree!

Pea Puree


  • spring onions (3 stalks or so)
  • 200mls vegetable stock
  • 50g butter
  • 250g pea (give or take)
  • small handful of mint leaves (or substiture with minted peas, as I did)



1. Heat your frying pan, melt butter and saute the spring onions.

2. In a pot put the vegetable stock and peas and boil 5-8 minutes until peas are cooked.

3. Drain and reserve cooking liquid.

4. Place the peas and the butter/spring onion mix into a blender and mix. Add the reserved cooking liquid to get to right consistancy. Season with salt & pepper and wait for the rave reviews from friends!

1 comment:

My words are no more important than yours.

So let me hear them!