Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Banana-na & Cara-ra-mel

Mmmmm. Banana and caramel; one of life's great couples. I'm about to start a sugar elimination from my life (necessary for making my Crohn's get better) but I had to have one final goodbye. And boy, was it gooooood!

Sticky Banana Puds with Caramel Sauce

Makes 10 (I halved the recipe successfully ... though halving an egg is difficult so I added 2)



Get yourself:
  • 3 ripe bananas (skin on)
  • 180g unsalted butter
  • 180g sugar (I used caster)
  • 3 eggs
  • dash of vanilla essence
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1.5 teas baking powder
  • tiny pinch salt
  • make caramel sauce (post to follow)






1. Get yourself some cute ramekin dishes (the cuter the better)! Grease and pour 1-2cm of caramel sauce into the bottom of each.


2. Put oven on (I did 150 degrees C but my oven is hot. Probably 180-200 would be best).

3. Put bananas on tray and roast with skin on. When bananas feel mushy take out. Wait til cool then take off skin.

4. Beat sugar and butter in a bowl until creamy. Add eggs, beating well after each.

5. Add banana flesh, vanilla and mix, mix, mix.

6. Add flour, baking powder, salt into the mix. Combine.

7. Spoon your mix into your cute ramekins. Cover each with tinfoil.

8. Now grab a roasting dish and fill it 2-3cm deep with hot water. (Water should come half way up your dishes) Put the ramekins into the dish and then cover the whole dish with tinfoil.

9. Put in oven (careful!) and cook 30 minutes until all spoungy and nice.

10. Remove from oven, take off tinfoil. Turn upside down and pour over caramel sauce. Ohhh, la la!





Mingle 240



No comments:

Post a Comment

My words are no more important than yours.

So let me hear them!